Can't send tip on Android

I just got my ad earnings for the month but I can’t send tips with them. Usually this works (albeit sometimes with some glitches), but now, it says I have successfully sent a tip, yet nothing happens and the balance remains the same.

Description of the issue:

Tips are not sent.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Go to a website of a Brave creator.
  2. Send a tip.

Expected result:

My balance should go down and a tip should appear in the transaction history. However, despite showing the message that you sent a tip, this does not occur.

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Brave 1.6.2, Chromium 79.0.3945.93

Mobile Device details

Samsung Galaxy S7, Android 8.0.0; SM-G930F Build/R16NW

Additional Information:

Looks like some other people have this issue but nobody has responded on those threads.

4 Likes

Today I encountered the exact same issue and @brendonbrewer did a good job in describing it in detail; I have nothing to add :slight_smile:

Tried several times to tip some sites (incl. myself to test) and it does not work anymore (tested on two Android devices over here).

Hi,

I have been trying over the past few days to tip from the Android version of Brave (1.6.2).
Each time it says the tip is sent but nothing is taken out of my balance. There is no record of the tip either.

I could tip just fine last month and received my Earnings from Ads from December yesterday.

What other info is needed?

I just registered, purely to say that I am facing the same issue. Pixel 2, latest app version.

Hi all - thanks for reporting. The team is currently investigating. I’ll post updates as soon as we have them. Thank you!

6 Likes

Thank you @steeven for hopping aboard this so quickly :slight_smile:

Funny I was having the same problem on my Android phone but my Android tablet let me tip BAT to a creators account.

1 Like

Reddit thread about the same problem: https://www.reddit.com/r/BATProject/comments/el1gsu/cannot_seem_to_tip_using_android_brave/

2 Likes

Seems I can no longer tip verified YouTube channels from android. :roll_eyes:

Anyone else have this issue?

1 Like

I’ve also observed just now that only my GitHub page & YouTube channel show up as being verified; my Reddit page as well as my Twitter page do NOT show up as verified creators on Android but are showing correctly on desktop… anyone else seen this happening?

1 Like

Exactly what I’m experiencing.

@Willie Ok, thanks! So there’s more at fault… hopefully someone like @steeven will also forward this piece of information to the team.

Same issue here. I try to send a tip, it says it was sent, but nothing comes out of my balance. Summary also shows it was never sent.

Tried recurring tip, which logs the tip as recurring with a date that the next amount will come out of my balance, but the initial tip did not withdraw.

I have 79 BAT and can’t tip creators. I’ve tried verified, non verified, etc…it keeps saying the tip was sent but the balance never changes.

Help?

PS I’m using brave on a mobile device, LG V20

tipping doesn’t work since last update

always reproductible

not bat removed

Brave version 1.6.2

P30 ( android 9.1.0.260)

Hi @hihouhou,

Thanks for writing in. This is a known issue and we are currently working on a fix! Sorry for the inconvenience.

2 Likes

Bumping to keep ticket open. I have the same issue .

Same issue is happening with me. I hope they come up with a fix soon. Do not want my BAT to disappear because i didn’t use it. Unless that’s part of their plan BAT that you can’t get out of mobile or tip lol. They need to set up mobile with uphold.

1 Like

Any update? The central function of what’s supposed to differentiate Brave has been broken for almost two weeks now. Nobody can tip and no creators can earn money from mobile users.

1 Like

The whole usp of Brave doesn’t work and there is no sign of a fix with no genuine explanation so I’m starting to wonder, “whats the point?”.