Can't select a choice in popup menu using Brave

Description of the issue:
I cannot select a proposition from a popup menu (if that’s how they are called). This happens on websites that ask for city information, for example, and you type a few letters of the said city and a popup menu suggests a few corresponding choices. However I cannot select any of the choices. Clicking on one choice results in the menu closing down and failing to complete the formulary. Trying to write in the answer without the popup menu is not possible.
Doing the same thing on another browser causes no problem.
It’s happening on several different websites.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
This example I have is in French and require to register on the website, this is the easiest example I have anyway.
On this website, https://www.lesentrepreteurs.com/creation-compte/preteur/infos-perso?jump=1
trying to fill in the city of birth (“Ville de naissance”) is not possible.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
Can’t complete the formulary. The popup menu closes upon clicking on a choice and nothing happens.

Expected result:
It should normally complete a valid answer in the formulary (a city name in my example)

Reproduces how often:
Everytime I encounter this sort of menu (with a few typing first and suggested answers appears on a menu)

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Win10 Version 1.19.92 Chromium: 88.0.4324.152 (Build officiel) (64 bits)

@Eric33,
Can you please try clicking the lion icon in the address bar (Shields) and disabling them for that site and see if you get the same behavior when selecting from the list?

Thanks for answering.
No, unfortunately it didn’t work.

@Eric33,
Can you please try adding a new browser profile, visiting the site using the newly created profile and seeing if you get the same behavior? We’re testing this to see if the issue lies with Brave itself or if the profile you’ve been using has some bad data in it or potentially a conflicting extension.

It worked! I forgot that I used some extensions so one of them is probably faulty. Thank you very much for your help and your time!

1 Like

@Eric33,
You’re very welcome. You can go back to your original profile now, disable your extensions and re-enable them one by one until you find the offending extension and remove it. That way you can continue using your original profile and any data stored in it.

I found it. It’s “Unblock Context Menu and select” from the Chrome store. Thanks again. I was about to revert to Firefox, blaming Brave for this, when it was all my mistake with this extension.

1 Like

No worries – glad we were able to get this sorted out.