Can't see some extension icons in OS X dark mode

Description of the issue: I run Mac OS X in dark mode. Brave copies that. And when that’s the case, certain extension icons can’t be seen because they’re too dark. They still work, I just can’t see them. If I click on them, though, they still work.
How can this issue be reproduced? E.g. try putting OS X into dark mode and running Brave that way… and then installing the extension “Self Control.” The icon will be invisible. Change Brave to light mode and it will appear.

Brave Version( check About Brave): Version 1.5.112 Chromium: 80.0.3987.132 (Official Build) (64-bit)

1 Like

Hi @earlybird, welcome to Community!

Does the icon look like this while on dark mode?
When you say invisible, is it gone completely or can you slightly see the icon? Can you provide me with other extensions to test?

1 Like

Hi,

It’s even darker than that for me – it’s completely gone. The reddit comment collapser extension is another one to test, and it is one that I can slightly see…

ab

Also – what’s the space between the triangle and the first extension?

1 Like

@earlybird
That black does not look like Brave’s dark mode.
Are there any extensions/ themes you might have installed that affects appearance?
Did you change anything in Brave flags?

Hrm… I can’t think of anything. The problem also occurs in Chrome, btw.

These are the extensions I have installed:
Evernote
Lastpass
Reddit Enhancement Suite
Reddit Comment Collapser
Self Control

I don’t see anything that would affect appearance. And I haven’t changed any Brave flags.

Under Settings --> Appearance, the color scheme is simply “Same as MacOS”

Can you show a picture of you appearance settings? Does it say anything about a theme under it?
In the example picture I’m showing. You can see the colours is set to Same as macOS but under it, you can see a theme is enabled.

Can you show a picture of the problem in chrome?

Sure: here are the Brave settings;

Here’s the problem in Chrome. The black space is the Self Control extension.

ad

Can you try creating a new profile:

And within the new profile can you go into the settings and change the Brave colors. Do you see any different to theme/color?

Also, seeing as the issue persists with chrome, this may be an issue with your machine/setup and not the Brave.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.