Can't Scroll Through Bookmarks

I downloaded and installed Brave last night without any problems. I also imported my bookmarks from Chrome with no trouble. The problem is that when I open the bookmarks list I cannot scroll down it. This results in about 90% of my bookmarks being off-screen and inaccessible.

I’m running 64-bit Windows 10 Home edition on a Dell Inspiron laptop with a 2.30 GHz Intel Core i5-6200U CPU and 8 GB of RAM.

I would like to know how to resolve this problem as I couldn’t locate any posts indicating that anyone else is having this issue.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Tom

Bookmarks won't scroll down

Are you trying to scroll through in the bookmarks toolbar or in bookmarks manager?

I had a similar problem with my Mozilla, but it was related to the bookmarks still loading in the background. There will also be times where Brave will “pause”, for me at least every couple of minutes, which may be related to sync or some other background. For example, if you keep a Task Manager window up, you will see periodic spikes (at least I do) where CPU goes to 20% and Memory to 2+GB and for about 20 - 30 seconds, even this entry box will free and return. You might try CTRL-SHIFT-O to open the bookmark manager and then wait a minute and see if you can scroll. When I first loading in my very large Bookmark JSON from Mozilla I saw the same thing, bit it was the bookmarks were still loading and after a minute could scroll, but sometimes would have to wait as well

@Tom47 , @Maui5150 could you confirm how many bookmarks are imported/created on Brave?

Is there a way to determine this metric? Exported JSON from Mozilla is just under 9MB. Opening up the JSON in XML Spy, I have not created a schema or for it, but if I search on the URI nodes, I get just over 21K, but unsure if Mozilla is also packing some history into here as well or other fluff. 20,000 does seem on the high side, but not out of the question. I easily have a few thousand links to old auctions / sales for background / research purposes.

@sriram, @Maui5150 I was trying to scroll in the bookmarks toolbar. I’ve been waiting for hours and it still doesn’t work. I don’t know how many bookmarks I have but the HTML file size is 218 KB.

I can access all my bookmarks from the bookmarks manager so that may be how I have to do it, at least for now.

Thanks to both of you for your help.

Hi @Tom47

Thanks for confirming. There is an issue to allow free-scrolling in bookmarks menu. That should solve this problem. You can track the progress of the issue here

Imported bookmarks issue

I’ve had this same problem for about a month.If I minimize the Brave window I can adjust it to a point where the arrows show up and I can access all my bookmarks, but then as soon as I stretch the window just a fraction the arrows disappear. Like @Tom47 I am able to get to the bookmarks through the bookmark manager, but it is an inconvenience. I’m using Windows 7 on a HP ProDesk 3.20 ghz with 4 gb ram

Thanks for the info, @sriram.

This should be fixed in the coming releases. Will be closing this thread. Please open a new one if you guys find any other issues.