Can't log in to new Apple credit card site

Description of the issue:
Can’t log in to the new Apple credit card site with shields up. Using iMac with latest Catalina macOS. After entering the user (apple id) and pass word, it just gives me a spinning gear which never stops.

Exact URL of the website in question:

Did the issue present with default Shields settings? (yes/no)
Yes

Does the site function as expected when Shields are turned off?
Yes

Is there a specific Shields configuration that causes the site to break? If so, tell us that configuration. (yes/no):

Does the site work as expected when using Chrome?
Yes… and Safari.

Brave version (check About Brave):
[Version 1.10.97 Chromium: 83.0.4103.116 (Official Build) (64-bit)]

I don’t have an apple card, but do have an apple ID, with shields up I got to the warning screen:

Apple Card Not Found

The Apple ID you entered is not associated with an Apple Card. If you’re trying to sign in to your existing Apple Card account, try a different Apple ID. To apply for Apple Card, use the Wallet app on your iPhone.

Which shield setting is causing the issue?

I edited the problem description to say: After entering the user (apple id) and pass word, it just gives me a spinning gear which never stops.

Can you toggle shield options, let me know which shield option fixes it? @acanton77

I had to turn off the 3 buttons and set to “all cookies allowed” and it let me log in. I left fingerprinting to default to blocked.

Okay, if go the padlock in the left. Click on Cookies. Can you screenshot the cookies being blocked (with all shields enabled)

This is the only blocked cookie:

card-static.cdn-apple.com

In the items below card-static.cdn-apple.com, is listed as cookies or local storage or both?

Okay, logged a fault, just allow all cookies as a temp fix.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.