Can't leave comments on Blogger blogs with Shields Up

I can’t leave comments on blogs created with Blogger. I have experienced this issue with more than one blog, but I’ll include a sample one below. What happens is that I get a box to leave comments but when I try to do so, and select Comment as: “Google Account”, then click Publish, I get an error from Blogger stating: " The following errors were found:
Input error : Memcache value is null for FormRestoration"

Website: https://www.travelwithkevinandruth.com/2020/07/back-in-canada.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+TravelWithKevinAndRuth+(Travel+with+Kevin+and+Ruth)

Did the issue present with default Shields settings? (yes/no)

I think so. I just installed Brave a few days ago and did not change anything related to Shields.

Does the site function as expected when Shields are turned off?

Yes.

Is there a specific Shields configuration that causes the site to break? If so, tell us that configuration. (yes/no):

No idea. Just turned them all off and the site reloaded, and I can once again leave comments. The comment box changes to include my picture, and my google account is filled in with my name. Also, the “Notify Me” box shows up. This does not show with shields on.

Does the site work as expected when using Chrome?

Yes.

Brave version (check About Brave):
Version 1.11.101 Chromium: 84.0.4147.89 (Official Build) (64-bit)

1 Like

try setting the following Trackers & ads blocking to standard
Cookie blocking allow all cookies
Fingerprinting blocking standard

hope that help and have a nice day :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you! Trackers & Ads blocking and Fingerprinting blocking were already set to Standard, but Cookies was blocking cross-site. I disabled that (to enable all cookies), and that fixed the issue.

2 Likes

you welcome :slight_smile:

1 Like