Description of the issue:
I can’t install the LastPass extension in Brave.
So we have three computers in our home, all running (different distro’s of) Linux.
- Our main PC is running Pop_OS! 18.04, Brave (stable release: 0.66.101 Chromium: 75.0.3770.142) and has no problem with installing any extension, including LastPass.
- But on either of our laptops, the LastPass extension won’t install.
Laptop A is currently running Linux Mint 19.2 (but I’ve tried this on Ubuntu 18.04 and Pop_OS! 18.04 as well, with the same result) and Brave (stable release: 0.66.101 Chromium: 75.0.3770.142). All other extensions install without problem, except! LastPass.
Laptop B runs Ubuntu 19.04 and Brave (stable release: 0.66.101 Chromium: 75.0.3770.142). All other extensions install without problem, except LastPass.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Open Brave
- Visit LastPass on Chrome Web Store
- Click on
Add to Chrome.
- a crx-file gets downloaded in the download-bar (other extensions aren’t visibly downloaded like this, see image)
- The crx-file get’s downloaded to about 5mb (of 12,5mb according to LastPass extension page) and stops
- An error pops up stating:
There has been an error. Download interrupted.
well… nothing… just errors and half downloaded crx files.
LastPass extension to be installed.
Reproduces how often:
Every single time, but only on our laptops, not our main pc.
Operating System and Brave Version:
Tried downloading crx-file through Firefox and dropping it in Brave’s extension-page, but I end up with an other error: CRX_HEADER_INVALID.