Can't import bookmarks from Chrome to Android using Sync

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Description of the issue:
I’ve loaded Brave on my Windows 10 laptop 2 days ago, importing Bookmarks from Chrome successfully. I’m now trying to change from using Chrome on my Android mobile (Galaxy S7). I can load Brave, but the setup procedure doesn’t give me an option to link to Brave on my laptop or import bookmarks from Chrome.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Brave is already installed on my Windows 10 laptop. Bookmarks etc have been pulled across successfully. Uphold is also set up on my laptop.
  2. I go to brave.com and click on Download For Android, Install (from Google Play), click Open.
  3. I get Welcome to Brave Browser on my mobile. I select DuckDuckGo as my default search engine and click Next. Brave Shields message comes up and I select Next. Brave Rewards message comes up and I click Turn On. I then see an ad and click on Start Browsing. On my mobile if I click on the 3 dots menu on the bottom right of the screen and then click on Bookmarks my Mobile Bookmarks is empty and I can’t see any of my bookmarks.

On my mobile I can see under Settings>Sync . Allowed Brave to take pictures and record video. It says to scan the code from my sync chain from my other device or start a new sync chain. I can’t find on my laptop a code for my sync chain, so I click on Start A new Sync Chain. I give the name Galaxy S7 for this device on my mobile. Then I click Add A Computer. The instructions say to go to my computer and to navigate to Brave Settings>Sync. On my computer, I go to the 4 lines in the top right corner menu and click on Settings, but the Sync does not appear.

Expected result:
To see all my bookmarks that were in Chrome that I could access on my mobile

Brave Version( check About Brave):
1.11.105, Chromium 84.0.4147.105

Mobile Device details
Samsung Galaxy S7

Additional Information:

Hello @davidatscpc
check this one Brave Sync v2 soon available in Nightly, will disable Sync v1

hope it help and have a nice day

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.