Can't export any passwords

Description of the issue:
How can this issue be reproduced?

1. When going to password manager there’s no option to export passwords. Where the 3 dots should be is only an option to get to the Help page

2. If I go to the Settings of the password manager and choose Export passwords, I only get an option to download a file, not to export it

3. As is shown in screenshots (even if it’s in my native language Dutch) there is no option to export my passwords to a .CSV file that I can use to import into another browser

Expected result:
Expected a way to get an option that says Export Passwords, but cannot find it anywhere

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Versie 1.58.137 Chromium: 117.0.5938.153 (Officiële build) (64-bits)
(Linux)

Additional Information:

@Metalfyre pay attention to the left side. See how there’s an extra option? The top is Passwords and then underneath is Settings. If you click on Settings it provides you all the settings for password manager, such as you can see in screenshot below:

Yes, it states Download File, as it does with me, under Export Passwords, but where can I find that .csv file then?

Wherever you chose to save it. When you click on it, your system should prompt you to name it and save it. Such as:

On Windows, it was wanting to default to saying it in Documents.

Oh, duh! So it saves the file? I thought I needed to download it first. As it states download file, I thought I needed to download it from somewhere. :slight_smile:

Thanks for your prompt assistance and solution Saoiray

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.