Can't Disable Tab Groups After Update

I just want to say that i have zero interest in continuing to use this browser if the stacked view is not reinstated.

4 Likes

Made an account just to say Im giving them two updates to fix this before I jump ship. I might as well use Googleā€™s horrible Chrome if Iā€™m going to be stuck with this grouping.

Iā€™ll be looking for alternatives in the mean time.

3 Likes

Yes bro please fix it soon.

2 Likes

Ughhhhhh. The ability to not use the tab groups and grid layout was the only reason I moved to Brave. I donā€™t understand why someone would really want to use the grid layout and the clunky grouping; itā€™s a nightmare to use single-handed.

4 Likes

Please let us disable Tab Groups. I just canā€™t use Brave (or any browser) like this.

3 Likes

I can see theyā€™re not addressing this with the community. The definition of ignoring us and hoping we go away. Well I ainā€™t, I want this feature returned asap as Iā€™m not interested in the ugly and awful grid view, it actually angers me looking at it. Give me my stack view back and address the community asap, you are showing us a very unprofessionally attitude with this issue. I will be checking daily for updates and sharing it with many others

6 Likes

I signed up just to throw my vote into the pile as well, having left chrome specifically for the tab group forced layout. I was also noticing this in the Google reviews before I updated Brave on my phone, and will not be updating until (if?) this is addressed.

The problem is Brave, like so many other browsers have basically been built off Chrome. That means whatever Google does, so too must the other browsers eventually. I understand this isnā€™t just the Brave developers fault and that itā€™s likely to be a substantial effort for them to fix this on their own. Iā€™m sure the same can be said for all the other chromium based browsers that are going to be affected by this as well. Google will do as Google does in spite of user complaints (or to simply spite us), and there simply arenā€™t many truly independent developers out there to make a full fledged secure browser. Everything is all template based, and this is what we are forced to live with.

4 Likes

Same here. Despise the new tab format and will absolutely go somewhere else if it isnā€™t fixed.

2 Likes

Please note my complaint as well.

1 Like

Also will be switching away from Brave if an option to disable tab grid layout is not added ASAP.

2 Likes

This ā€œfeatureā€ added into the latest update needs to be reverted; I am so less efficient with tab cards. Please let us go back to the old way.

2 Likes

@steeven pls fix thx

2 Likes

i need to get rid tab grid atrocity. the only reason i switched from chrome to brave was damned grid, even search engines i have changed form google everywhere. browser is useless in grid configuration on phone, it might work on 12 inch tablet but not phone.

i wish brave made statement about it. fix it or tell people to move to other brower.

4 Likes

I left chrome for this very reason. While I like Brave, I will not stay if it means having to use tab groups.

5 Likes

I switched to Brave for two features, bottom navigation and stack list of tabs.

4 Likes

Closing this thread as a duplicate post:

Duplicate post.