Can't Create New Profile

I’ve tried to create a new profile and all I get is a blank page. It won’t allow me to do anything. I can’t click on any of my links to go to a particular web page. Won’t allow me to do anything. This is happening every day. If I close out of everything and then open Brave back up, it works for about 5 minutes and then I can’t do anything again.

Can you please tell me what Operating System you’re using as well as what Brave version you’re using?

To confirm, you’re saying that if you open Brave, then click on Main menu --> More tools --> Add new profile you see a blank page? You should see an additional profile manager dialog box where you name the profile and choose the theme/icon for it:

It won’t let me access the Brave version. I get an icon with a black frown and “untitled” when I try to access. It won’t let me add a new profile. I get a blank page and nothing else. I’m using Windows 10.

If I type brave.com in the search engine I also get the frown and “untitled”. I’m not able to access anything using the search engine, whether it’s an actual website or a query.

I uninstalled and reinstalled Brave and I’m still having the same issues.
Version 1.66.113 Chromium: 125.0.6422.76 (Official Build) (64-bit)

@KathM,
Could you possibly share a screenshot of what you’re seeing when you try to visit a website in the browser so I can have a clear idea of the exact behavior?

Thank you

After I took the screenshot, it’s now letting me into my bookmarks . Not sure why this is happening.

Okay, I was away from the computer for a couple hours. When I tried to click on one of my bookmarks, it doesn’t do anything and shows the screenshot I sent earlier. If I close the Brave window out completely and then go back in, it’ll let me open up the bookmark links I have.

I’ve totally uninstalled Brave and tried to reinstall it. After reinstalling, I can’t open the program at all. I’m done trying to fix this and will go with a different browser. I don’t have the time nor patience to keep dealing with this on a daily basis. I don’t understand why it quit working suddenly but am not happy.

Apologies for the inconvenience. Have a nice day.