Can't connect to grant.rewards.brave.com

Briefly describe your issue:

A few days ago I got a message saying that in order to continue receiving BAT I would need to complete a capthcha. When I try to access my BAT account, I get an error message saying that it is unable to connect to grant.rewads.brave.com.

I’m unable to access my existing BAT balance.

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?

Brave Version 1.45.118 Chromium: 107.0.5304.91 (Official Build) unknown (64-bit) on Ubuntu 20.04.

Is your Brave Rewards Profile currently verified? (yes/no)

I think so. I’m unable to access the account details at all.

What date did you connect to your Brave Rewards Profile?

I’ll guess nine months ago.

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?

Yes.

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)

No.

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?

Yes, the U.S…

Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices?

I cannot access my account on Desktop and Rewards are not enabled on my phone.

Have you received any such captcha verification in the past?

I got this captcha message at the beginning of my problem.

I have the same issue even after upgrading to Version 1.46.127 Chromium: 108.0.5359.48 (Official Build) unknown (64-bit)

Using Gentoo on Linux kernel version 5.15.75-gentoo-x86_64

I have the following error in the inspector for the BAT wallet.

Thanks, we are looking into this. Thank you for the excellent report. We rolled some fixes for this recently, but looks like it didn’t resolve in all cases.

4 Likes

I had the same problem this morning too.

Current Version: 1.45.123 Chromium: 107.0.5304.110 (Official Build) Unknown (64-bit)

On Linux Mint 21 Cinnamon 5.4.12 - kernel 5.15.0-53-generic

I had this “Brave Ads paused” pop-up as well. Now I can’t redeem any rewards.

Using inspect, I grabbed the address of the iframe that is blocked by CSP. If I open that in a separate tab, I was able to solve the captcha. Doing that got rid of the “Brave Ads paused” pop-up. but I still have a blocked iframe covering the Brave Rewards window. And if I copy the captcha URL into a new tab again, I get a different error (I redacted the payment ID)

{“message”:“Failed to create Captcha for payment ID "…": Error retrieving scheduled captcha ID: Unsolved captcha not scheduled”,“code”:500}

If you are on android and use redmi,samsung,realme vivo,oppo then unofficial solution is available for this . thanks

Updating from Brave 1.45.125 to Brave 1.46.131 fixed it for me (on gentoo linux: =www-client/brave-bin-1.46.131).

I’m still seeing it here on Brave 1.46.140 Chromium: 108.0.5359.99 (Official Build) unknown (64-bit).
Running it on Kubuntu 22.04.1 LTS.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.