Can't claim reward on Android

Hi, I keep getting an error message saying “oops, something is wrong.” when I try to claim rewards. There isn’t any more info on the Rewards page, and no logged errors on chrome://rewards-internals.

I’ve tried claiming it a couple of times the last few weeks, but I always run into the same uninformative error message.

Brave version 1.17.75, Android 11

4 Likes

Thank you for reporting! Please DM with the following information:

• Copy/paste your Wallet ID (found on brave://rewards-internals)
  • Your OS and Brave version (first three lines in brave://version)
  • A screenshot of your Rewards panel in Settings --> Brave Rewards.

This will help to speed up the troubleshooting. Thank you in advance!

1 Like

Bumping this because the other threads keep getting auto closed.

I’ve had the same issue for around a year or more now. There’s no errors on my side as far as I know. Sometimes I can claim my rewards, sometimes it’ll stop working for months on end.

Multiple brave versions, multiple platforms (currently miui 12, miui 11 android, Xiaomi note 8t, Windows 8.1, windows 10.)

Have the same exact issue since 4/5 months ago and thought it would get fixed by an update or something. (On Android) As of today I’m unable to claim the rewards, when I try to claim them on the top right corner i get a loading wheel and then an error message saying:
“Oops, something is wrong. Please try again later”
When I try to claim them from the brave rewards page it seems to go through but the tokens don’t add to the balance and when I refresh the page they reappear as to be claimed again.

Brave and Android version:

Brave: 1.18.78 Chromium: 87.0.4280.141 (Official Build) (32-bit)
Revision: 9f05d1d9ee7483a73e9fe91ddcb8274ebcec9d7f-refs/branch-heads/4280@{#2007}

And here is a screenshot of the brave rewards page:

If you also need the Wallet ID I can DM it to you, thanks

1 Like

@Vombato and @vark, can you DM your Wallet IDs?

me neither. can I DM you my Wallet ID @steeven

I can’t claim my BAT either on mobile. The amount accumulates but I cannot give as contributions nor.transfer it to Uphold.

Can I send it to you @steeven?

I am facing the exact same issue. @steeven I have shared the wallet info, Brave and Android version, and screenshot. Please check and let me know. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Rajesh

Please send if you haven’t already.

1 Like

I think I’ve already dm’ed it to you.

Hi @inferno986return - I didn’t see a message from you, so just sent you one.

Please check my message, waiting for your reply.

is there a way to resolve the issue?

2 Likes

@quest0126 - please send this info in a DM, not in a public thread.

I’m also facing this issue @steeven ,I have shared the info with you. waiting for your reply.
Thanks

Also having the same issue. Will send DM

Did you ever get a resolution to this issue? Been using Brave since almost day 1 on my Android and have a significant amount stuck in this same way.

The problem was never solved. What is the cause of it .

Since the day I reported the issue and DMd my wallet ID and uphold account I didn’t receive many updates other than a request of how many BAT were missing from my account. I said an estimate because I couldn’t tell the exact amount as I was indeed unable to claim them. They refunded my uphold account with that amount but I think they don’t know what is causing the issue or even worse they might do and don’t want to investigate further. I gave my complete availability to try to narrow it down via tests and stuff, but as I said got no updates.

@suteekran @loueradun Try running safetyNet test on your device . If it fails, most probably that is the problem