Can't add non-default news source to Brave Today feed on Android

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Description of the issue:
When I try to add a non-default news source to my Brave Today feed by pasting URL it just doesn’t happen. The window closes but there is no error code, no text, nothing. It’s not that Brave doesn’t recognize the source either, I tried the same URL on PC as well and it works just fine.
How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Open a new tab
  2. Scroll down to see Brave Today news and click the "settings"y button that appers on top left
  3. Click “Add Source”
  4. Paste the URL of the news source I wish to add and enter

Expected result:
It should add the news source or at least provide information regarding why it can’t
Brave Version( check About Brave):
Brave 1.39.120, Chromium 102.0.5005.99
Mobile Device details
Xiaomi Redmi 9T, Android 11; Build/RKQ1.201004.002

1 Like

Same here. Interestingly, I can add the source (newatlas.com) on the Brave desktop version (version 1.39.122 Chromium: 102.0.5005.115 - Official Build 64-bit), but not on the android (Brave 1.39.123, Chromium 102.0.5005.125) (Android 11 Build RKQ1.210420.001).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.