Cannot verify wallet w/ Gemini

Just curious, are you receiving any messages when you try to connect to your verified Gemini wallet? Can you provide a screenshot?

Same issue.
Cannot verify on computer and mobile does not give the option to verify Gemini.
It has been like this for almost a week.

I have the same problem

1 Like

I’ve received this exact message repeatedly. I’ve tried everything I can think of to re-verify my Gemini wallet. I didn’t notice until recently that I haven’t been receiving any ads, so I think it’s been this way for a couple of months at least. Anyone have any advice on how to fix this issue?

If you are using an Android device and trying to connect using an Uphold account, these are the things you need to do:

1. Your device passes SafetyNet check. You will not be able to claim rewards if your device fails the check.

2. Make sure your account is verified at Uphold. Got to your profile page and there should be a verified date at the bottom.

3. Make sure all your personal information in your Uphold account is accurate and complete. For example, Uphold will verify your account with an incomplete address, but Brave needs your full address, including street number, street, city, etc.

4. If all of the above is ok, then try this:
    Cannot login my brave account with uphold - #17 by Mattches

If the above does not work or if you receive a different message, please post.

In a week or so, the new version (1.37.109) should be out for Android (I think). In the new version there is a message which notifies you if your account has been flagged and they have a periodic review process in place to unflag your account. Hopefully everything goes smoothly.

Thanks for the information, but we are having issues verifying Gemini, not uphold.

For my issue, it’s not on an Android as there is no option to verify Gemini on Android. The problem I encounter is on the desktop version of the app. I attached a screen shot in my last post of the error message I receive.
Do you have any additional insight? Thanks.

1 Like

For Gemini, the usual things to check are

1. Check to make sure you are in a supported region for both Brave and Gemini.
  2. Check to make sure you can log in to your Gemini account through web. It is probably not this one since it has been going on a while.
  3. If you’ve been verified/able to connect previously, your account may have been flagged. The new version update will send a message if your account has been flagged. Brave has a process in place to periodically review and unflag false positive accounts. Did you receive a “flagged” message after the version update?

Thanks for the reply.

In reply:

1. I’m in the US. I assume that’s a supported area. Or does the state matter?

2. No issue here.

3. I have not been previously flagged and I don’t see a current flag. I made this Gemini account for Brave rewards, so it’s new.

I appreciate the help, if you have any ideas I’m totally open!

If it’s new, go to your Gemini account settings and make sure you are verified with Gemini. It is displayed under your profile and would look like this:

Some exchanges do exclude some states. I think all states are available with Gemini though. Linked below is a list of the states Gemini supports. Looks like every state is there, but you might want to confirm you state is listed!

Have you tried clearing your history/cache, exiting Brave, and opening back up? Also try a system reboot if that doesn’t work.

Gemini account is verified.
Screen Shot 2022-04-02 at 2.18.32 PM

I checked the list, my state is good to go.

I had tried previously clearing cookies etc, but this time I clear everything out.
Not sure if that did it or not, but now my account is flagged.

It also could have been the repeated log in attempts over the past week.

Do you know how long the unflagging process takes?

Thank again for your time

1 Like

I have had pretty much the exact same problem. Failed to link my browser with Gemini even though I’m verified there, assumed it would be fixed in a later browser update so decided to go back to uphold for a while, then a few days later my profile got flagged.

I don’t. And Brave doesn’t mention a time frame either in the Help Center article.

I would wait a few days and see if it gets unflagged. If it doesn’t get unflagged within a week or so, I suggest you DM the moderators with your wallet payment id found at brave://rewards-internals. Do not post you wallet id!

If it does get unflagged by the “process” within the week, could you post when it gets unflagged? I’m very curious how long this process takes! I’m sure it is going to be different for each user, but at least can get an average… I think… :smiley:

@nuclearpenguin Ditto for you. : :smiley:

1 Like

Sure! Happy to update you when things move forward.

Thanks again for the help, much appreciated! If we ever meet up, first round is on me!
:beers:

1 Like

I have the same problem, a few days ago he showed “Your request is still being processer please wait” until yesterday, and yesterday’s message became “Error : Brave Rewards profile is flagged”.
I only use Brave on one device, and I’m not using a VPN, December rewards have to be received in January

PS
English is not my native language, I hope I can express what I mean, please forgive me if the sentence is not smooth

@dxming You should DM the moderators with your wallet payment id found at brave://rewards-internals. Do not post your wallet id! Make sure you note if you still have not received past payments as well as the flagged message.

Mattches and Steeven are the moderators who handle most of the rewards issues.

To send a direct message (DM) to a moderator:

1. Click on their icon on the About page then select the Message button in the top right corner or
  2. You can go to your profile and create a new message in Messages.

Linking your previous topic (auto-closed) per this issue for reference:

I am using the latest verion of Brave. I verified Gemini with Brave before (last year). But since the last 4 months, I haven’t been able to verified Gemini with Brave anymore?

Hello, unfortunately I’m still flagged. been about a month.
You mentioned to DM the moderators. Where do I find that at? I don’t see a contact button.
Could you point me in the right direction?
Thanks.

If you have been continuously flagged during this period, submit a request using the form below so they can take a closer look.

Thank you so much.
After sending a message, everything was resolved within a day.

But, to answer your previous question of how long I was flagged, it was about a month before I reached out. So the flagging system is either really backed up or they don’t check it.

Thanks again!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.