Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.
Description of the issue:
I updated Brave Browser on Android yesterday and the UI changed. I cannot use tab grouping any more. By tab grouping I mean: previously I was able to open multiple tabs in separate groups which were presented as squares with thumbnails for all tabs open within a group. I could close whole groups, move individual tabs between different groups, etc.
Currently I can only click an icon with a number at the bottom of the screen (e. g. saying “11”,meaning 11 tabs open) and see a list of all open tabs in a single place without thumbnails. This is extremely uncomfortable for me because:
- I cannot group tabs by various topics (shopping, social media, music, etc)
- I cannot preview tab content because there are no thumbnails any more
- It was easier to navigate using groups and thumbnails than a plain text list
- I was used to the grouping UI as a long time user
How can this issue be reproduced?
- Before the update I was able to use tab grouping with thumbnail previews. After the update I can only use a text list showing all open tabs.
I would like to use the tab grouping feature again with thumbnails.
Brave Version( check
Brave 1.51.110, Chromium 113.0.5672.77
Mobile Device details
Motorola Moto g72
Android 12; Build/S3SVS32.45-28-1-4
There are multiple similar reports from users from various years. This seems to be a recurring issue.
The attached screenshots are showing the UI that I can use right now.