Cannot 'swipe' away Brave on Android

Brave browser app appears to be permanently in my Recent Apps list (hit the square button).

I don’t want it running, I don’t want it in the recent apps list.

Is this a known problem? Can I do anything about this (short of uninstalling)?

@omgbbq,
Sorry – you’re saying that when you view all apps running (active or in background), Brave is always there?

Kinda. When I go to my recent apps (the square), I can swipe away everything except Brave.
Close Apps doesn’t clear it.
Even if I go into setting > apps & notifications > Brave > Force Stop, I still can’t clear it.

OnePlus 7T with latest updates.

1 Like

@omgbbq,
Oh I see. That’s…well that’s very strange. Hmm. Let me see if anyone has seen this behavior before.

Hi @Mattches, have you seen anyone else withtl this?
It’s still happening to.me.

@omgbbq,
It seems that there is a similar issue with Chrome as well and is specific to the OnePlus – but in that case, the browser seems to be freezing entirely. Can you tell me if you see the same behavior when Chrome is launched?

I haven’t seen it with Chrome. That said, I rarely use Chrome, Brave is my browser of choice.
What I have noticed is that on occasion I can swipe-away Brave – I cannot see a pattern as to when i can be close, but it is rare.

Hi @Mattches, do you have any updates?

@omgbbq,
Sorry for the late response – can you confirm that the behavior persists after the update to v1.12.112?

Yes. I have 1.12.113 and and still seeing it.

@omgbbq,
Would you mind testing one more thing for me? Simply download/install our Beta or Nightly build from the Android play store, launch it and see if you’re able to swipe away/close them? Note that downloading/installing/running these builds will not overwrite or erase any data you have from your current Brave installation.,

1 Like

Hi @Mattches, the beta seems to be behaving.
I’ll monitor it, but feel like we’re in a good place.

@omgbbq,
I’m going to report this to the team and see if we can dig any further into why this is happening on the Stable build. That’s great news in the interim!