Cannot right-click with 0.18.23 on Windows

windows

I updated to Brave 0.18.23 on Windows and it has a new problem that arises intermittently and keep coming back.

If I open a new window (as opposed to a new tab), the right-click menu in the new window simply does not appear. It appears in the tabs in the old window. I use dual monitors and this is really frustrating, since I often want to right-click on a link and open it in a new tab.

If I exit Brave completely, then the problem goes away for a while but comes back again.

Brave also seems a lot slower than when I first installed it. Javascript-heavy pages like Gmail seem to degrade its performance after several hours.

I thought it was just my mouse; adding my +1 same here on the right click issue.

Hi @braveman

How are you opening the new window? (Tearing off a tab to create a new window, opening new window from file menu, etc)

Thanks,
Lauren

HI Lauren,

I typically tear off a tab. I tested just now, and if I tear off a tab,
the right-click context menu does not appear.

If I open a new window from the file menu, the context menu seems to
appear. I have a memory that I had the same problem if I opened a new
window from the file menu, but I can’t reproduce it at this moment.

Hope that helps. Thanks for looking into this!
Kevin

Hi @braveman

We do have an issue logged for right-click/context menus with tear off tabs, it can be tracked at the link below. If you do see the issues with opening a new window from the file menu, let us know in a new thread (I couldn’t reproduce it either, so we’ll have to gather some additional information if it happens again). Thanks!

Lauren

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.