Cannot remove site from "Sites that can always use cookies"

Description of the issue:

I can’t remove web.flypgs.com from “Sites that can always use cookies”. The trash can icon does nothing when clicked. I never purposely added this site to “Sites that can always use cookies” and I don’t want it there. If I add another site to this list I can remove it but it doesn’t have a trash can icon it has a “three dots” menu. Restarting the browser doesn’t help. The browser is fully up to date.

If I add other sites either with or without “Including third-party cookies on this site” they can be removed but this particular site I can never remove.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.

Simply try to remove the site, it’s impossible. I tried readding the same site but it doesn’t add a new entry or make the existing entry removable.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

Expected result:

Site should be deleted.

Reproduces how often:

Always

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):

Brave is up to date - [Version 1.28.106 Chromium: 92.0.4515.159 (Official Build) (x86_64)]
macOS - 11.5.2 (20G95)

Additional Information:

None.

It’s a known issue, you can follow the Github ticket below for updates regarding a future fix.

You can empty the list by clearing the browsing data for Site and Shields Settings via brave://settings/clearBrowserDataAdvanced as a workaround until the aforementioned issue is fixed.

Note: Clearing Site and Shields Settings resets all Brave Shields settings (on a per-site basis + global) so you’ll have to re-adjust the global settings via brave://settings/shields in case you’re using different settings than default ones.

2 Likes

Is there any way to edit some file and remove it without wiping all my settings and site data?

Users have provided workarounds in the Github ticket above, you could give them a try.

SOLUTION on Brave Browser Linux.
Go to website in question and toggle the “Shields” to “UP” as opposed to “DOWN”
Try it on github, you’ll see it added or removed.
This is one hell of a way for this to operate.
Brave, give the user some control over this, make it more user friendly, and absolutely make it more easily removable.
The default DOWN should be temporary, maybe clear cookies when windows are closed.
There should be an UP, DOWN, etc., maybe a W*F as I can’t believe this polar thinking!

Still a problem in Version 1.19.92 Chromium: 88.0.4324.152 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Edit: I found a workaround to delete those entries - go to \AppData\Local\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\User Data\Default. Open file called Preferences and delete all site entries that you want to be gone. For example, if you want to delete a cookie permission from site “xxx.com”, delete the following from the file (make sure the browser is closed):
"xxx.com,*":{"expiration":"0","last_modified":"<somerandomnumbers>","model":0,"setting":2},
Edit2: For sites that say “embedded on xxx.com” you might need to delete additional lines that look similar to the one above.

1 Like

I’m on macOS. Toggle the shield and then go back to delete worked. Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.