Cannot Print to Printer or PDF

windows
bug

Description

Unable to print web pages to a network printer, a printer connected via ethernet cable, to an Adobe PDF file, or to an Microsoft PDF file. When attempting print to any of these print options, there is NO output.

MY COMPUTER INFO

OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version: 10.0.16299 Build 16299

Steps to Reproduce

Use ANY web page (I used a Google search for this report)

1. PRINT TO --> PRINTER (HP Officejet Pro 8600, Model: CM749A)
    Use either the Menu “Print” option or CTRL+P, the PRINT dialogue opens, select printer, PAGE RANGE = ALL, click PRINT button.

2. PRINT TO --> ADOBE PDF
    Sames steps as printer, but when PRINT button is clicked, the SAVE PDF FILE AS dialogue opens, the file name is already populated, and the SAVE AS TYPE is set to PDF FILES (*.PDF). Click the SAVE button.

3. PRINT TO --> MICROSOFT PRINT TO PDF
    Same steps as above, but when PRINT button is clicked, the SAVE PRINT OUTPUT dialogue window opens, you have to type a file name, and the SAVE AS TYPE is set to PDF DOCUMENT (*.PDF). Click the SAVE button.

###Actual Result

On the screen, the document appears to print, but there is no actual output, and nothing remains in the print queue. If I have the device window open when I click the PRINT button, I can see a print job appear in a quick flash (lasting 1 second), and then it’s gone with no output at the printer. If I use Firefox or Chrome, after clicking the PRINT button, the print job appears in the device window, and then prints at the printer.

When the SAVE button is clicked, the CREATING ADOBE PDF dialogue with progress bar appears and hangs after about 3 bars of Save progress. Nothing changes until you click the close (X) button in the right upper corner which then cancels the Save. If I use Firefox or Chrome, after clicking the SAVE button, the progress bar appears and shows the print job completed, and the newly created PDF document opens on the screen and can be found in the saved location I chose.

Click the SAVE button, and the SAVE TYPE window closes with no save progress dialogue then showing and there is no indicator noting that your print/save job is completed. When you search Save folder that you chose, the PDF document you attempted to save does not exist. If I use Firefox or Chrome, everything is the same after clicking the SAVE button, but when I search the Save folder that I chose, the document I saved is there.

###Expected Result

If I use Firefox or Chrome, after clicking the PRINT button, the print job appears in the device window, and then prints at the printer. I expect the same result when using the Brave browser.

If I use Firefox or Chrome, after clicking the SAVE button, the progress bar appears and shows the print job completed, and the newly created PDF document opens on the screen and can be found in the saved location I chose. I expect the same result when using the Brave browser.

If I use Firefox or Chrome, everything is the same after clicking the SAVE button, but when I search the Save folder that I chose, the document I saved is there. I expect the same result when using the Brave browser.

###Reproduces 100% of the time. The problem occurs on EVERY attempt to print to printer or pdf.

Brave Version

Name Version
Brave 0.22.13
V8 6.5.254.41
rev a8cfb16
Muon 5.1.2
OS Release 10.0.16299
Update Channel Release
OS Architecture x64
OS Platform Microsoft Windows
Node.js 7.9.0
Brave Sync v1.4.2
libchromiumcontent 65.0.3325.181

I really like the Brave browser, but it is completely unsuable for me because of this problem.

Thanks!

I created Licecap Gifs to show problem with both Adobe & Microsoft PDF print… but, I can only include 1 gif so I’ll try to attach the Adobe Print gif here.

+1 Symptoms are the same on my Windows 10 machine today. BIG inhibitor for use of Brave. As additional information, I tried closing/reopening and/or rebooting the system, but no change in the lack of print capability.

Brave 0.22.669
V8 6.6.346.24
rev 6cda2e8
Muon 5.2.7
OS Release 10.0.16299
Update Channel Release
OS Architecture x64
OS Platform Microsoft Windows
Node.js 7.9.0
Brave Sync v1.4.2
libchromiumcontent 66.0.3359.117

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.