Cannot print PDF from Xero.com

Hello,

I’m new to Brave, love it so far, but I am unable to print PDFs Xero.Com.
Error Message:
Brave gives me a error message:
:slight_smile:PDF.js v2.0.673 (build: 31012570)
Message: Unexpected server response (500) while retrieving PDF “https://go.xero.com/Checks/CheckDownloader.aspx?PrintJobId=1815626”.

Other browsers; Chrome, Firefox, Explorer - I am able.

Go to XERO.com
I’m going to CHECKS and clicking “Save and Print PDF”
This downloads on my Firefox / opens another page and the PDF is vewiable and printable.

With Brave, it opens a new tab and that error shows.

I use XERO all day everyday and need this to work.

Please advise.
THANK YOU!

Hello @CassandraRae!
Thank you for for the kind words and welcome to Brave team! We’re very happy to have you here!

So as far as I can see, this is a known issue but already has a fix implemented in the Developer build. I was unable to test using xero (as I don’t have an account, and after making a trial account I realized - I don’t have any data to view anyway!) but I did test using my own banking website. and electing to view/download PDF works as intended.

In the interim (while that fix makes its way down the pipeline), you should try toggling this option on:
(Menu --> Settings --> Privacy/Security --> Content Settings --> PDF Documents)
:point_up: The above will force Brave to download the requested PDF file instead of opening it (or even attempting to) in a new tab.

Let me know if this works for you.

2 Likes

Waahooo!! That made it work :slight_smile: and WOW! What great response timing! Quick and effective!
It downloads differently than I am used to, (saves to my desktop or to the bottom of the web page) but that’s a minor thing. In Firefox there’s a arrow for what you download, will this be something Brave will have or will it always only download as I mentioned?

Thank you so much! And again, I’m very happy with Brave and the support I’ve received!

_Happy Cassandra :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My pleasure!
You should see this issue fixed in a future update so that PDF files will open in-tab for viewing (and option to download in PDF view) the way you’re used to.

Don’t hesitate to reach out should you have any additional comments or concerns!