Description of the issue:
On Linux, we cannot play MP3 audio files uploaded to Google Classrooms even after disabling the shields.
Works fine in Firefox on Linux.
On macOS, we can play the same audio files on Classrooms with Brave - after we “drop the shields” that is. Until we drop the shields, clicking a link gives the same error as Linux
So I’m thinking it has to do with the way Shields is handled in Linux
How can this issue be reproduced?
- Ubuntu 19.10 / Pop_OS! 19.10, install Brave
- Create a new Google Classroom, create a new Assignment, and attach an MP3 file.
- Attempt to play the audio file with Shields Up (errors).
- Attempt to play the audio file with Shields Down (still errors).
A small div/span appears with an embedded Audio Player, to stream the MP3 file.
Brave Version( check
Version 1.5.123 Chromium: 80.0.3987.163 (Official Build) (64-bit)
I can click on MP3 direct links and it plays in-browser just fine. This most likely is a problem with the embedded audio player for Google Classrooms.
Again, it works fine with:
- Firefox on Linux
- Brave on macOS, with “Shields Down”