Description of the issue:
Brave Browser on iOS used to be able to open the official Reddit iOS app directly from Google Search. It cannot do so now.
Steps to Reproduce:
- When I click a Reddit link, the Reddit webpage opens and Brave asks whether to continue in the Reddit app or browser.
- When I click the Reddit app, Brave displays a dialog to “Allow link to switch apps?”.
- When I click allow, I’m redirected to the Reddit page in the Apple Store.
- When I click Open on the Apple Store, I’m redirected to Reddit iOS app’s homepage, not the link I want to open from the Google Search.
Redirected to Reddit iOS app’s homepage, not the link I want to open from the Google Search.
The link should open directly in the Reddit iOS app.
Reproduces how often:
Brave release - v1.27.1 (220.127.116.11)
Reproducible on current live release:
0. I’m using iPhone 12 with iOS 14.6
- Background App Refresh on both the Reddit and Brave apps are off. I have tried turning it on and repeat the above steps, and it still doesn’t work.
- I have tried logging in with my account on the Reddit app and repeat the above steps. Still doesn’t work.
- I have designated Brave as my iPhone’s default browser. Honestly I don’t understand why the screenshot above shows Safari.
- Here are my settings for both the Brave and Reddit apps.
What’s the issue here? Please help.
Currently, the workaround is opening the links on my laptop, save them on my iCloud and open them from the Notes app, which is a bit much for me.
I want to be able to open the Reddit iOS app directly from Google Search.
Hope to hear soon from you guys.