Description of the issue: When I try to login to certain websites that I have paid accounts with and login info (ie. Thousand Trails, Wix, dōTERRA, and others), the login screen just refreshes instead of actually logging me in. The only way I have found around it is to open the website in a new Private Window with Tor and there is usually a CAPTCHA test that pops up and once that is completed, the account opens for me. It’s like there is a blocker on Brave that is keeping these websites from logging on.
Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
- Go to a website that has additional shields or a captcha test and attempt to login with your username and password.
- Click “login” and the website will go no where. It will appear like you didn’t tap the button correctly.
- AFter clicking multiple times, try turning off your VPN to see if that is the problem. Also, take the shields down for the website.
- With no changes, open a Private Window with Tor, add in the login info and some time of CAPTCHA test will pop up.
- Fill out the requested info and you will finally be logged in to your account.
Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!): The main login screen just refreshes
Expected result: I need to actually login to my accounts on these websites to place orders, etc.
Reproduces how often: Every time.
Operating System and Brave Version(See the
About Brave page in the main menu): MacOS Big Sur Version 11.4 and Brave Version Version 1.36.122 Chromium: 99.0.4844.88 (Official Build) (x86_64)
Additional Information: Not sure exactly why this is happening, but it is annoying as heck! Because it only happens with a few websites I go to, but there are at least 3-4 that it does, I forget that it doesn’t work. So I usually try logging in 3-4 times before I remember that I won’t be able to login through the standard Brave browser.
Please help us fix this? Is this a setting that just needs to be changed or an actual glitch?