Cannot login to certain websites

Description of the issue: When I try to login to certain websites that I have paid accounts with and login info (ie. Thousand Trails, Wix, dōTERRA, and others), the login screen just refreshes instead of actually logging me in. The only way I have found around it is to open the website in a new Private Window with Tor and there is usually a CAPTCHA test that pops up and once that is completed, the account opens for me. It’s like there is a blocker on Brave that is keeping these websites from logging on.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.

1. Go to a website that has additional shields or a captcha test and attempt to login with your username and password.
  2. Click “login” and the website will go no where. It will appear like you didn’t tap the button correctly.
  3. AFter clicking multiple times, try turning off your VPN to see if that is the problem. Also, take the shields down for the website.
  4. With no changes, open a Private Window with Tor, add in the login info and some time of CAPTCHA test will pop up.
  5. Fill out the requested info and you will finally be logged in to your account.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!): The main login screen just refreshes

Expected result: I need to actually login to my accounts on these websites to place orders, etc.

Reproduces how often: Every time.

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu): MacOS Big Sur Version 11.4 and Brave Version Version 1.36.122 Chromium: 99.0.4844.88 (Official Build) (x86_64)

Additional Information: Not sure exactly why this is happening, but it is annoying as heck! Because it only happens with a few websites I go to, but there are at least 3-4 that it does, I forget that it doesn’t work. So I usually try logging in 3-4 times before I remember that I won’t be able to login through the standard Brave browser.

Please help us fix this? Is this a setting that just needs to be changed or an actual glitch?

I had issues with signing in with doterra. Seems they removed my login (maybe related). Not working on any browser. I don’t have a Thousand Trails login to test, I setup a wix account without issue.

If I blocked cookies in shields, it would break the login for wix. Test with shields with cookies=allow as a test

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.