New Brave user here, on Mac OS X Sierra (10.12.6).
- in a new installation I created a Brave Community Account with Brave running, but not as my default browser.
- I clicked the Account Confirmation link I received in E-mail and it logged me in via my Chrome session.
3) Back to my Brave session to log in and it will not recognize the username/login pair.
- Verified that logout/login works on Chrome
- Back to Brave to issue a reset password.
- Click Reset Password link in Email and change password, control returns to Chrome window.
- Still cannot log into Brave Community. When doing so from a new window I get a “You’re almost done! We sent an activation mail to…” screen. No message arrives for this.
My next step is to restart the browser, but I wanted to report this while it was fresh and reproducible.
Update: when I restarted Brave, the tabs re-opened, but in one I got the new message: “We cannot detect if your account was created, please ensure you have cookies enabled.”