Cannot Log In To Sites Via Google Account

Hello, theres a problem where i want to log in to a site via my Google Account, it says that my cookies are disabled even if i turned it on

Hi @MisterTeeXD,
You probably still have them blocked in your default Shields settings. We’re currently working on a way to fix this conflict, but you should be able to do the following (I’ll use gmail as an example):

1. Visit gmail.com
  2. Open your Shields panel, set Cookie Control to Allow all cookies
  3. Open the menu, Settings --> Brave Shields Defaults and perform the above step
  4. Login to gmail should succeed
  5. Once logged in, you should be able to reenable blocking cookies in both the panel and Shields Defaults and remain logged into your account.

Let me know if this works for you.

Hello, i have tried the steps and it is still a failure, i still could not log in

What happens when you attempt to log in after performing the steps above? Is there a new error message or is it showing the same message about cookies being disabled?

I still get the same cookie error message

Would you mind sending me a screenshot of what you seen on screen?

Hello, here is a screenshot of what i see when i try to log in :

Very strange, not sure what’s causing that.
Can you click the lock icon on the left side of the URL bar? What does it say about cookies in the dropdown:

Hello, i have just checked and everything is allowed, all the cookies are not blocked but everything is allowed, it still shows me the same page as always

@MisterTeeXD, apologies for the late reply.
I believe that there has been an update on Beta since you opened this topic. Are you still unable to login to your Gmail account?

Yes, i am now able to log in now

1 Like