Cannot Leave Sync Chain

On my main PC I cannot leave my sync chain. I am wanting to reformat my system and completely wipe all drives, but I would like to be able to keep my settings, bookmarks, and extensions before I do so. I am unable to leave my Sync chain as it hasn’t been working recently, so I decided to completely restart the chain and begin fresh. This is when I noticed that I cannot leave the chain. Every time I try and go back into the Sync settings I am still in the old chain and nothing has changed. Also, no settings for the sync are saving when I try to add a new device to be able to even try and sync another device so I don’t lose everything.

This issue is persistent and won’t fix even with a restart of the entire PC.

Version 1.31.88 Chromium: 95.0.4638.69 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Currently only one device is stuck in this chain and it is a Windows 11 PC. I have had this issue since BEFORE upgrading to Windows 11.

Any updates on this at all?

@Endeavourz,
Thank you for reaching out.
Can you go to brave://sync-internals and share a screenshot of this page for me? Additionally, can you confirm that you’re using the Leave sync chain button at the bottom of the sync page?

Attached is the screenshot you asked. Also, yes I can confirm that I am using the “Leave Sync Chain” button on the bottom of the sync page. When I click that it backs me out of the Sync submenu and if I click back onto it I’m still in the sync change. Also noticed that every time I reboot the browser the sync chain changes and never stays the same.

UPDATE
I did some further poking around once you gave me that page link to the sync-internals. I was able to force boot the one PC out of the old sync chain and start a new one fresh which then allowed me to connect all of my other devices to the sync chain and it seems to be working now. I see all of my extensions, bookmarks, etc sync’d between all devices in the chain.

1 Like

@Endeavourz,
Great work – glad you were able to get that resolved. We’re working on some Sync UI changes that should hopefully alleviate the hassle that comes with that.

1 Like