Cannot have Brave run a javascript that sends a POST to a secondary ASPX web application to open it

windows

I an developing two ASP.NET web applications, where the second one depends on the first one. i.e. The first app is an entry point, where the user is presented a list of other applications in the same or other domains he has access to, but those applications require a set of credentials which are build by the first app (entry point), processed, and send to the next app via “POST”

In the other tested browsers: FF, IE, Edge, Safari, Vivaldi, and Chrome, said setup works as expected, i.e. a new tab or window (browser instance) is open, and the next application (web page) loaded. All web applications work under HTTPS protocol.

Unfortunately, the URL is not public at this point, therefore, it is not available.

1. I tried to load said apps having “all shields down” = nothing.
  2. Previous, but editing Preferences (Shields):
    Block Adds
    NOT blocking scripts
    Block phishing/malware
    All Brave Shields Cleared (they keep appearing even with Shields Down)
  3. Shields Up = Obviously nothing.
Brave 0.25.2
V8 6.9.427.23
rev 8ea2a9c
Muon 8.1.8
OS Release 10.0.17134
Update Channel Release
OS Architecture x64
OS Platform Microsoft Windows
Node.js 7.9.0
Brave Sync v1.4.2
libchromiumcontent 69.0.3497.100

Any Ideas? Thanks for your input.

@AlexB, welcome to Community!

I think I already see the problem right here:
You are using the old Muon Brave build. We have since deprecated Brave Muon in favor of this:

I highly recommend you install the new build and enjoy a much better browsing experience.
It runs in parallel with the Muon version you have installed now, so you don’t have to uninstall or overwrite anything and you can even import data from your previous Brave install into the new build.

If you decide you’d like to stick with the version you’re using now and want to resolve the problem, let me know and I’d be happy to troubleshoot with you.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Hello Mattches,

Thank you for your guidance; I proceeded as instructed and the new installation of Brave (Version 0.56.12 Chromium: 70.0.3538.77 (Official Build) (64-bit)) allows the secondary applications to be invoked as needed without further configurations.

It did get my attention that some bootstrap enabled sections of some of the pages are behaving oddly (ignoring the whole responsive grid design), any ideas? Keep in mind that we are talking about ASP.NET webform applications working under https protocol.

Furthermore, the bootstrap version in use is: v4.1.1, and it is being delivered by the application itself instead of using CDNs. In particular, the affected sections are the tables (what asp.net calls GridView)

Thanks again.

Alejandro Braunschweig

Hi there,

I found out what the “issue” is; it is the way in which the browser interprets the grid. If I manually add certain bootstrap classes to a table’s rows (which are not necessary in other common browsers), then it all comes back in place as originally intended.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.