Title says it all.
I was preventing Brave from doing updates because I didn’t want all the useless forced Chrome updates.
I had stopped the services:
|BraveElevationService||Brave Elevation Service (BraveElevationService)||Stopped|
|bravem||Brave Update Service (bravem)||Stopped|
|brave||Brave Update Service (brave)||Stopped|
I cannot restart any of these.
Even if I head to Services and change it back to Auto and hit Start or even Refresh.
I’ve reinstalled multiple times. Nothing is allowing me to restart these services and I am guessing, these being disabled are the reason why I cannot get Brave to open anymore.
When I try to restart the application services in Services, it just gives me a popup that says it has closed because it’s no in immediate use.
I tried to delete the Registry Keys as well so they would have to do a fresh install but nothing is working. The Services ‘brave’ and ‘bravem’ are still showing in the Services tab in Task Manager.