Cannot exclude website from Brave rewards

Hello Brave community,

I cannot exclude some sites from Brave rewards. The functionality works fine for most sites pressing the x, but for some reason I cannot remove ‘microsoft.com’ in particular. Neither from chrome://rewards/ nor the from pop-up screen from ‘See all n sites’.

This is for Brave Version 0.55.22 Chromium: 70.0.3538.77 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Regards,

Degine

3 Likes

On reading the OP, I checked and my problem, generically, seems the same. I can exclude some sites from Brave Rewards, but not others. On my list in the new browser, the top two sites are Ancestry.com and Google.com. Neither can be excluded with the “x”. Other sites, further down the list can be excluded, but many others can not. I haven’t seen a pattern yet in which ones work vs. those that don’t. I’d really like to correctly edit this list ASAP, or I will temporarily stop payments this month to keep from sending BAT to services I already pay for.
Version 0.55.22 Chromium: 70.0.3538.77 (Official Build) (64-bit)

2 Likes

Same issues for me and two other issue related to this one.

1. if i try “restore all” it doesn’t restore all sites, but two of them remain in the remove section and i don’t know which they are. Would be usefull to have a list about the sites to restore and don’t be obliged to restore all: sometimes a user can change idea.
  2. in the supported sites in the auto-contribute tab i have one site with 100% and all the others with 0%.
    my currente version on windows 10; Version 0.55.22 Chromium: 70.0.3538.77 (Official Build) (64-bit)
2 Likes

Same issue with me.
Version 0.57.3 Chromium: 70.0.3538.67 (Official Build) dev (64-bit)

Same issue here, on both Windows 10 and Mac. Some sites don’t respond when I click the “x” to exclude. For me it seems like larger sites (Facebook, Google, etc) are more likely to be affected, but it could be coincidence.

Windows 10:
Version 0.56.5 Chromium: 70.0.3538.67 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Mac:
Version 0.55.22 Chromium 70.0.3538.77 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Thanks for reporting everyone. We have an issue open, which can be followed here:

I haven’t reproduced this yet myself but we are still researching.

Thanks,
Lauren

3 Likes

Same issue.

Mac OS X Version 0.55.22 Chromium: 70.0.3538.77 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Same issue on two out of three installations. I don’t know whats different between them.

Have anyone found a workaround for this bug?

I have exactly the same issue.

Version 0.55.22 Chromium: 70.0.3538.77 (Official Build) (64-bit)
with mac os x 10.12.6

Same issue on Ubuntu 18.04 . Brave version 0.55.22 . Some sites will delete , others will not. Deleting from Rewards setting. Next I deleted my browsing history and went back to Rewards to try and delete sites again. This screenshot shows a large number on LinuxToday site. Not sure where to post this or if it’s relevant. @LaurenWags

@kbounds56 well that’s interesting and something I certainly haven’t seen before. Could you walk me thru the steps? I put what I interpreted below, but any additional details/info is appreciated.

Have a bunch of sites in your Auto-Contribute table. (how many would you say you have?)
Remove some (some won’t be removed by clicking on the x).
Remove browsing history (can you tell me how you did this exactly? Also, did you do this under Basic or Advanced? what Time range did you use? Did you restart the browser at this point?)
Go back to the Rewards page and open up the full list of sites.
The last site in the list displays a crazy percentage number.

Thanks!
Lauren

Had 56 sites and deleted 20. The majority that did delete where random non-bookmarked sites with 0%. The LinuxToday Is a bookmarked site and was at 0% (maybe 1% ? ) . Went to history on Brave new tab page and navigated to advanced and only have 3 options checked.

Did not close browser until I took screenshot and sent report.
Reopened Brave and found all 20 deleted with only 36 sites showing. Deleted a random site with 0%
successfully and now have 35 sites. Seems to have cleared itself after closing and reopening Brave.
My only other observation is that sites will not delete after a period of time or % is >1.

@kbounds56 I reproduced your crazy percentage but with some different steps. I’ve logged an issue for it with the steps I found, but I will also try yours. Thanks for reporting!

excluding sites via x sometimes results in one single site having a huge % value · Issue #2086 · brave/brave-browser · GitHub

1 Like

This same issue is happening to me too, on mac osx using version 0.56.12 where some sites aren’t letting me exclude them from getting rewards.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.