Cannot download from Google Drive

I am unable to download anything from Google drive. It says to enable thrid party cookies. I’ve done the same but i just can download anything from Google drive.

PLEASE HELP!

1 Like

@shreyansh2 Please advise of the following:

• Which operating system are you using?
  • Which version of Brave?
  • Have you tried using with Brave Shields turned off? If so, what were the results?

Hello,
I am using Windows 11 64 bit OS, however I had this problem when I was using Windows 10 too
Brave Version -
Version 1.36.112 Chromium: 99.0.4844.51 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Yes, I have tried that already but to no avail

Hope you can help

Thanks and Regards

@shreyansh2 Well then, let’s try some basic troubleshooting here if you would. Try to check in this order and let me know.

1. Open a New Private Window and then go access Google Drive, see if it works.

2. Click on the hamburger menu and then go to Create a new profile. When on the new profile, go try to download again and see if you can download.

The first kind of lets us know if it might be an extension causing issues.

The second essentially tells us if it might be a setting in Brave, as a New Profile should go back to default settings. If this resolves it, then just have to find out if it’s a simple setting to change OR if it might be that deleting cookies would resolve it.

Yes, it is working when I create a new profile in normal as well as incognito mode
However, when I’m using my original profile, t is not working in either the normal or incognito mode.
Please tell me what can I do to solve this problem in my original profile??

@shreyansh2 Go to brave://extensions/ and turn off the toggle to all of your extensions. Then try it. If it works, then toggle on one extension at a time and keep trying it up to the point that it stops working. That should kind of let you know which extension is causing the problem.

This is assuming I’m right in thinking it’s an extension causing problems. Since you’re saying worked on both and not original profile, this is making sense. Otherwise it’s like I said in the above, that you’ll have to take time going through settings or you’ll need to try deleting cookies (as a bad cookie in your browser might be causing a conflict). Hopefully it’s just finding out which extension and then either removing it or making sure to turn it off when you go to download from Google Drive.

1 Like

Yes, it’s working now. I just switched off all my extensions and enabled them one by one.
Thanks

1 Like

@shreyansh2 If you don’t mind sharing, which extension(s) did you figure out was causing the problem?

None of them actually. I just switched off all of them and then switched on all extensions again one by one

Ok, weird. Usually doing that it would eventually pop back up and tell you the same issue. But as long as the problem is solved! haha. Guess go ahead and mark one of the comments above as a solution if you would. Feel free to tag back or whatever if you have issues again later. Thanks for getting back to me.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.