Cannot delete bookmarks

Description of the issue:
Can’t remove bookmarks, they always come back.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
I setup sync chain on one computer and added couple more to the chain.
I try to remove bookmarks but they come back.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
When removing bookmark(s), they always come back after some time.
Also when I’ve got two computers on chain they both remove the chain when I leave with another. At the moment chrome://sync/ page shows " Sync Setup. To start, you will need…" page, but when I remove all bookmarks, they will be back after couple minutes.
They won’t disappear from other devices automatically, just come back to the one I used to delete them. Except on Android they disappear and won’t come back unless I remove chain and re-add it.

Expected result:
Deleted bookmarks stay removed.

Reproduces how often:
Always

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Version 1.2.42 Chromium: 79.0.3945.117 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Also Android.

Additional Information:
Also seems like there are at least two different sets of bookmarks, sometimes browser shows different bookmarks on Bookmarks level.

I just want to remove all bookmarks from this chain.

@MacGyver,
If you ensure that the device with the unwanted bookmarks is not part of a Sync chain, then you should be able to delete them at that time and not have them come back, as it won’t have anything to Sync to.

It is part of the sync chain because I want to delete the bookmarks from everywhere.

Currently there are two computers in sync chain and they contain different set of bookmarks. I don’t get this thing.

@MacGyver,
And you want one set to be removed but on both devices – got it. I’ll dig into the isuse a bit, but in the meantime, you can try (on either device) setting up an additional folder inside your Bookmarks and dragging all the unwanted items into that new folder. Then, delete the bookmarks in the folder on both devices.

I have deleted them on all devices but they always come back. I have also moved bookmarks to another folder but they always come back where they were.
Also when I’ve got two computers open with bookmark manager, it looks like the bookmarks are updating time to time even when I don’t do anything to them. On another computer there are 47 items under Bookmarks folder and on another there are only 26 items.

Too bad there is no way to get sync logs to see what is happening.

Linux version shows at least these errors:
ERROR:bookmark_model_associator.cc(974)] Bookmarks persistence error was encountered: Native version (2018) does not match sync version (1)
ERROR:gcm_channel_status_request.cc(145)] GCM channel request failed