Cannot access website after server change

Description of the issue:

I started using Brave at work, and we often times have to access our customer facing website. Recently our website team changed hosting companies, which obviously required a DNS change. In Brave, I cannot access the website anymore. Instead it shows our website’s custom 500 error page (presumably cached?).

I have this same issue in Opera, however the website is accessible on my same computer with Internet Explorer and FireFox. This leads me to believe it’s an issue with Brave/Opera (and probably Chrome?) and not with Windows or the network. Everyone else in the office can access it fine.

I have tried multiple things, including clearing all the cached data (cache, cookies, etc.). I decided to wait a few days as maybe the cache will expire, however it’s been about 4-5 days and I’m still getting the issue. I also did the brave://net-internals/#dns to clear any DNS cache that the browser has, but no avail.

EDIT: Looking at the developer tools, both FireFox and Brave are resolving the URL to the same exact IP address. I have made sure to turn off all extensions and Brave Shield, still getting error 500. So the error is something internal with Brave and Opera

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.