Cancel Brave VPN

I signed up for Brave VPN on my iPad because it said I could change the country of the server, so that I could receive content from other countries where USA is blocked. There is NO WAY to do this on iPad, so I need to cancel my subscription. How do I do this? I don’t want to pay one hundred dollars for something that doesn’t work.

I am not an Apple user, so some other users might be able to help.

Try it on the apple app store fund management section. Just cancel it from there.
You can even get a refund as the first 7 days are considered trial period.

Check the official documentation https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us/articles/360045045952-How-do-I-use-the-Built-in-VPN-Firewall-iOS-

c

Also according to https://brave.com/firewall-vpn/,you might be able to change servers (no idea)

Why would I switch local servers? How do I do this?
Switching to a local server can improve speed and performance of VPN, and thus of the apps you’re using on your device. To select a local server, open your browser settings and navigate to the Brave Firewall + VPN tab.

@GuardianTeam

1 Like

You need to login here.
From there you can cancel any active Brave Premium services

Hey there,

you should be able to change the location of the VPN server that you are connecting to but we do not make any claims or give guarantees about being able to access geo-restricted services.

As for your question about how you can cancel your subscription, please navigate into Settings in Brave & tap onto ‘Brave Firewall & VPN’. From there you can tap ‘Manage Subscription’ and you will be routed into Apple’s subscription management interface. There you can take any action regarding your subscription yourself.

Best Regards

CJ

1 Like

Thank you all for your responses. I was able to cancel my subscription (I think). But to CJ, you say I should be able to change the location of my VPN server, but you don’t say how. Believe me, there is no way to do it in the plan I was provided with in my subscription. Thanks anyway.

1 Like

Sad to see you go but not all services work for all people. Maybe it will look interesting again to you in the future.

Please excuse that I did not mention how to switch locations in any way.
In the Brave app you should be able to tap the three dots at the top right next to the URL field. Then select Settings → Brave Firewall + VPN. With an active subscription you should see details about your subscription as well as the option to reset the configuration below that. These are all settings relating to the VPN connection in of itself and in the same section of settings called ‘SERVER’ it shows the hostname of the connected server (or blank if no credentials are setup) as well as the location. Below those two lines is the option ‘Change Location’. Once you tap onto that a new interface will show which lets you select one of our regions. Once a region is tapped the app goes and connects you to a server in that region

I hope all this made sense.

Best Regards

CJ

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.