Can the deprecated Crypto Wallet be integrated with hardware wallets such as Ledger or Trezor?

I have a legacy Brave Crypto wallet (24 seed words) with some assets on it that cannot be moved to another address. Therefore I would like to make them as secure as possible by integrating that with a hardware wallet similarly to what you can do with MetaMask or even the latest Brave wallet. I have been told that this is not possible as the deprecated Crypto wallet’s derivation paths for the seed/accounts was initially not intended to ever be interoperable with other wallets.

Is this true? Is there any way I can ensure that a hardware wallet must confirm the transactions from my Brave Crypto wallet before any assets can move? If I update to the latest Brave Wallet do I receive (12) new seed words? And if so could I then import that wallet into a hardware wallet? Thanks for any information you can provide.

I’m not sure if this is what you looking for. But it seems like you can import the Crypto Wallet to the new Brave Wallet per https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us/articles/4413440292877-How-do-I-use-Brave-Wallet-in-Brave-

Thanks for this. This will probably solve my problem if I can be sure that I when I import my deprecated Crypto Wallet into the new Brave Wallet I would receive a new seed phrase of 12 words that I could enter into a hardware wallet to effectively bring that Brave Wallet under the hardware wallet’s control. The reason is that I prefer a Grid+ Lattice hardware wallet and that is the only way to import a MetaMask or similar hot wallet into it.

I’m guessing not but I still would like to know definitively if it is in any way possible to import the deprecated Crypto Wallet into any type of hardware wallet?

cc @brian for information on this.

Do you think @brian has seen this? Away on holidays perhaps?

You can either:

1. Move the 24-word non-hardware wallet compatible way to the new wallet (we support both ways when restoring)
  2. Create a new 12-word seed phrase and then import your exported key into that wallet. This will be treated as independent and separate to the 12-word seed phrase accounts. The private key in this case needs a separate backup if you don’t have the original 24 word backup. i.e. the 12-word backup here would not help.
  3. Create a new 12-word seed phrase and send funds from your old account to the new one.

Unfortunately, there is no way to adapt the 24-word non-compatible seed phrase into a compatible one.

Thanks Brian. If I do number 1 and/or 2 am I going to be able to import everything into a hardware wallet? That is all I really want to achieve.