Can someone please explain whats going on with Ad Blocking once and for all

Hello everybody!
I have been using Brave for a few months now and I have been trying to avoid the other browsers as much as possible despite Brave having a number of issues.
The one thing that’s really making it hard for me at this point is the really subpar adblocking ability of Brave, which I thought was supposed to be the browser’s main focus. I still see numerous ads on Facebook, Reddit and almost everywhere else I go despite having the shields up. What is going on here? Are there any plans for a fix in the near future, looking through the other threads it seems as though this has been an issue for over a year. I thought it might be an issue with my ad block lists, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to add more lists, which is easy on Chrome or Firefox, but doesnt seem to be so with Brave.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks guys!

Hi @fatcat,

Currently, Brave only block 3rd party ads. That’s why you still see sponsored post on Facebook, promoted tweet on Twitter, and other 1st party ads. But in the future, user will have option to block this too.

Did you already check about:adblock? :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.