Thanks, yes, I understand the intent & process. What I didn’t understand was why all those permissions entries disappeared after I clicked the ‘x’ next to them. (I actually just selected ‘Clear all’ to bulk deselect them.)
So IOW, I started with 4 (to my recollection) permissions, which I guess may either be the default or else they were the ones that were automatically applied to my account based on my usage so far.
When I clicked the 'x’s off I expected those entries to remain (just without their x’s). Instead, they all disappeared. Even the category, ‘Saved Site Permissions,’ no longer displayed!
When I checked later, there was only the one entry I mentioned (https://community.brave.com).
I just checked again before writing this and there is still only that one and one other under ‘Saved Site Permissions,’ as shown directly below:
Show notifications (Clear all)
x https://community.brave.com (Always allow)
Autoplay Media (Clear all)
x https://mail.google.com (Always allow)
So I was wondering where the other entries that were originally there went, why they’re no longer there, just minus their x’s, which is what I would have expected.