By clearing Brave app Cache, would the estimated rewards vanish?

Cached Images and files in Brave’s clear browsing data section : 443 MB.
And there are cookies and site data and also browsing history data

In phones inbuilt App manager, the brave app is shown to be consuming 1.06 GB disk space of which 0.95 GB is user data including 813 MB of cache.

I want to clear it but not sure if I should do that before confirming its effects on estimated pending rewards and all.
@eljuno @Mattches looking forward to your reply

wow 1 GB that huge man

i will track this post it looks interesting to know the answer

just to make it clear you talking about the cache from the app setting not the brave settings right?

thanks for the question and have a nice day

2 Likes

Cached Images and files in Brave’s clear browsing data section : 443 MB.
And there are cookies and site data and also browsing history data

In phones inbuilt App manager, the brave app is shown to be consuming 1.06 GB disk space of which 0.95 GB is user data including 813 MB of cache.

I want to clear it but not sure if I should do that before confirming its effects on estimated pending rewards and all.
@eljuno @Mattches looking forward to your reply

thanks man for the clarification

let us wait and see the answer and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Clearing cache files won’t affect your rewards but don’t clear app data or App storage …tested and trusted :blush:

which cache you mean here the one in the brave setting or the app manager?

Thanks for the info man. Well anyways a second opinion won’t hurt. Would like an official reply from one of the moderators. @eljuno @Mattches

2 Likes

Brave settings not sure about app Manager

he asking about the app manager that’s why i wanted to confirm

thanks and have a nice day

2 Likes

Clearing the cache and deleting the history won’t affect the BAT in your account. BAT is independent .

Which cache are you talking about? The one shown in brave app or the one in App manager

Is this the BAT in your wallet or the one in the estimated pending rewards that you are mentioning

No no if u creal cache no affect on your brave reward data untill u clear all of your data

1 Like

I have read on a Reddit thread that the Brave can be lost by clearing cache. Here is the link

@eljuno @Mattches @steeven Any reply for this?

i think there will be delay on replay as it still weekend

hope you get the answer soon and have a nice day

These things should be on their FAQ page. So that we don’t have to create individual threads every time

1 Like

nice idea :slight_smile:

I’ve try this method and work for me without wipe reward data

Did you clear Browsing history, Download history, cookies and other site data, cached images and files and others completely, or just the browsing history?

All of them I clear and reward data still not wiped

By reward data do you mean already claimed BAT or estimated pending rewards?