Burp Configuration for Brave

Brave configuration to work with Burp Suite Community Edition
**When trying to configure Burp suite in listen mode **

I got Burp suite installed on Windows 10 Pro , and configured the proxy, and intercept per their documentation. I’m fairly confident I’m done there, but now here’s the problem…

There’s no “network settings” or anything to configure a proxy in Brave. Since Brave is Chromium based, I figured I would just follow Burp’s documentation for configuration in Chrome… But then in the documentation I find that Chrome uses the proxy and certificate services built into Windows and through I.E.

So now I thought “no problem” just do the same thing. But low and behold, with the LAN proxy set in Internet Options and the certificates for burp added into I.E. (while opened as an administrator). It’s still just giving the “NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID” error in Brave.

Is there a way to get this cert to work with Brave? It’s looking like in Braves case it might not use the same Cert authorization as Chrome > I.E.

Basically just want to be able to run Burp sweet, both in active capture mode, as well as in passive scanning modes with Brave browser. Any help is greatly appreciated! :slight_smile:

Version 1.25.72 Chromium: 91.0.4472.101 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Other information:
Burp is working as intended in other browsers. Tested in Chrome.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.