Bugs I've encountered

First of all, I’d like to say that I am stoked about Brave and finally have a solution to keep ads out of my face. There seems to still be quite a few bugs, but I hope you all can figure out how to perfect this browser.

Description of the issue:
The two main issues I have are that sometimes videos won’t play. It seems as though the browser thinks it’s an image instead of a video. This does not happen on social media sites, but on other websites that have original video. The second issue is that some online forms do not work. This is problematic for someone trying to apply to jobs, for example.

Unfortunately I can’t remember a site off the top of my head where video wasn’t working (I will update this report the next time I encounter it), but I can give an online form example (see below).

Extra info: I am using the browser on a Mac laptop.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary):

1. Go to https://www.cookiedelivery.com/OnlineOrdering/SignIn.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2Fonlineordering%2Forderlogistics.aspx
  2. Go through the process of creating an online order as a guest. The form works until I want to add items to my order.
  3. Try adding things to you order and they don’t load into the cart. (I have confirmed that this works fine in Chrome).

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
Nothing is added to the cart.

Expected result:
Items to be added to my cart.

Reproduces how often:
Every time.

Brave Version(about:brave):
Version 0.57.18 Chromium: 71.0.3578.80 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Reproducible on current live release (yes/no):

Additional Information:

@wafers, thank you for the kind words and for bringing this to our attention.

As for the issue, I was able to use the site and add items to my cart without issue. Would you mind sharing a screen shot (you can also just type it but a screenshot would probably be easier) of your Shields panel open on the site?

Additionally, open your main menu, then select About Brave and ensure that you have the most up to date version of Brave - should be v0.58.21 at the time of writing this reply.

Thanks for the quick reply, and sorry for the slow response from me. I did indeed need to update the version of Brave that I was using. I no longer have issues adding items to my cart on that website.

1 Like