[Bug] v0.20.29 macOS: When tabs reopen from startup, certain graphics, like Bittrex charts, are blurry

bug

Problem: When Brave has a fresh restart and loads up the tabs that were opened before the program closed, some media like the crypto charts on Bittrex are blurry when it’s a tab that’s loaded when it’s not the tab in focus on startup. I am experiencing this on macOS with retina screens, so high/low res fonts/graphics really stand out.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. In Preferences > General, make sure Brave starts with: My windows / tabs from last time.

2. Open Brave, and load a Bittrex page that shows graphics like their charts: BAT/BTC chart - https://www.bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-BAT

3. Open another tab, and navigate to any page, like whatisbat.com

4. With the second tab selected (not the Bittrex page), exit Brave without closing tabs.

5. Restart Brave, and the two tabs should reload. You should be focused on whatisbat.com since it was the last tab in focus.

6. Click on the Bittrex tab, and notice the chart is now blurry.

7. In order to fix, you must perform a refresh of the Bittrex tab, and the graphics will reload in normal, high-res version.

Additional notes: The Bittrex page does not load with blurriness if the tab is the one in focus when Brave restarts.

My specs:

Brave 0.20.29
V8 6.4.388.40
rev 4fc3c8f
Muon 4.7.9
OS Release 17.4.0
Update Channel Release
OS Architecture x64
OS Platform macOS
Node.js 7.9.0
Brave Sync v1.4.2
libchromiumcontent 64.0.3282.119

had the same issue. it vanished second day after update

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.