Saturday, 2017/10/28 @ 03:48 PDT
Bug: Tab: Move: Creates New Window or Doesn’t Move Tab Instead Of Moving Tab (Windows 10)
After updating Brave to the newest version, moving a tab, or dragging a tab, within a window quit working. Now, when attempting to move a tab, or drag a tab, Brave either creates a new window with the moved tab or doesn’t move the tab.
I attempted to attach a screen recording, that I created using LICEcap, of the bug, but your forum software would not allow me to upload the screen recording, with a size of 3954 KB, because “Sorry, the image you are trying to upload is too big (maximum size is 3072KB), please resize it and try again.” I am unable to reduce the size of the recording because my laptop has a 4K display.
Steps to reproduce the bug:
- Execute Brave. Brave appears with one or more windows.
- Create a new window or use an existing window.
- In the window make sure that at least two tabs exist, in which each tab displays a different web page.
- Create a new tab. The new tab appears at the right end of the tab list.
- Using your mouse or touch pad attempt to move the new tab, or drag the new tab, to between the two existing tabs.
*** Bug: Either Brave creates a new window with the moved tab or Brave doesn’t move the tab.
*** Expected: Brave puts the moved tab between the two existing tabs.
Update Channel: Release
OS Platform: Microsoft Windows
OS Release: 10.0.15063
OS Architecture: x64