Bug: Rewards panel showing incorrect BATs arriving (Update)

Briefly describe your issue:
Reward panel brave://rewards/ shows my last month’s payout as arriving.

Screenshot 2021-08-01 000719

I received 4.1325 BAT last month.

Screenshot 2021-08-01 001031

I should get 6.4625 BAT. See this (I am only posting this for clarity)-
Screenshot 2021-08-01 001617

Also Current earnings this month (estimated) haven’t decreased too as stated here-

This will again create confusion in future.

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?
Brave: Version 1.27.109 Chromium: 92.0.4515.115 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)
Yes

What date did you verify your wallet?
22 April 2021

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?
Yes

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)
No

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?
Yes

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?
Not Applicable

Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to Uphold??
Yes

@Mattches

Check again in a few hours. It appears that it’s still showing July’s data. It’s still 31 July in most of the world as of this writing.

I expect rewards panel would counter-in this factor as reward server shows correct amount.

Not verified
On Android
Had earned approx 3.34 bat as of 31st July but showing +2.725 bat to be paid

I think @rosiecar is right here.

Screenshot 2021-08-01 105321

However my “Current earnings this month (estimated)” should be 6.6975-6.4625=0.235 BAT. But it has reset to absolute zero (I got few ads today).

So the catch here is, accumulated payment tokens (BATs earned) are periodically sent by browser to the rewards server. Sometimes after few hours, sometimes after few days (can be 7 days also). And I think time allotted is generally random (may be by the server or browser itself).

This means that some payment tokens (about 0.6 BAT in the case of @EvilxSeal and 0.235 BAT in mine) have not yet been sent to the rewards server by the browser. So I expect it to correct itself in some time for @EvilxSeal and at 8:46:46 PM today (in 10 hrs) for me. I will Update.

Also I think something has to be done about showing past month’s earning as arriving, even for a brief period of time. Since it might not be a Bug but expected to work this way.

In my mobile browser. my earning was 3.840 bat. now it is saying 1.4625 bat arriving, which means I lost half the value. does anyone else face the same?

1 Like

Mine got corrected as of today

can you please share a screenshot.

congts mine is still not updated

May be updated in the upcoming hours

Is it written 3.84 in estimated rewards?

Yes I faced the same just look at my screenshots they really lowered my estimated earnings

As you can see I had 2.4+ Bats
And now they lowered it to 1.8 bats

it was tomorrow, now it is reset and only 1.46 bat will be coming to my wallet

Sedly I lost bats in both desktop and mobile version

Update: My rewards have reconciled successfully. No BATs lost (all pending rewards from previous month, 0.235 BAT have rolled over to this month’s earnings) including 0.08 BATs for 10 ads.

Screenshot 2021-08-01 214350

So with new update this will happen each month-

1. At the stroke of midnight in user’s time zone on the last day of each month, user will see “XX BAT arriving in Y days”. This might not carry over all estimates from previous month (very likely).

2. And in some time (mostly in few hours only) “Current earnings this month (estimated)” will reset to zero.

3. “Current earnings this month (estimated)” will not show correct earnings for some time (as Browser has not yet sent remaining payment tokens to the rewards server). Correct earnings will increase and show correct value in some time varying from few hours to few days.

Patience is virtue with Brave.

PS: Why it showed previous month’s paid earning as arriving for few hours is still unclear

2 Likes

My Brave rewards (arriving one) also increased from 4.02 to 4.08 but still it’s low because my original Bats was around like 4.2++

@Adison you will have to wait for some time. Your estimated earnings this month will increase to show correct value including previous month’s missing BAT (about 0.12 BAT). Time will vary from user to user. This is the way it’s designed to work.

1 Like

0.12 isn’t major loss but I also have browser on android which I use and the rewards went down from 2.4 to 1.8. RIP

Don’t worry. Amount doesn’t matter your this month’s estimated earning will increase in latest android version (1.27.xx) also.