[Bug Report] Right-click - Open in new tab

windows

Been having an issue with the windows version of Brave (again, I blame the OS haha), where when I right click on a link and select “open in new tab”, Brave then opens it in a new window?

Brave: 0.16.9 
rev: fba98fcb091b3abfa18aba7c6c0db0c7aa343589 
Muon: 4.0.3 
libchromiumcontent: 59.0.3071.86 
V8: 5.9.211.31 
Node.js: 7.9.0 
Update Channel: dev 
os.platform: win32 
os.release: 10.0.15063 
os.arch: ia32

Regards,

I don’t see any such issue on Windows on both ia32 and x64 versions. If you use the keyboard Ctrl + click does it still open in a new window or does it open in a new tab?

It happens randomly, not always.

Is there any specific site on which you see this issue(happening randomly) ?

Hi @sriram,
It seems that I have been a bit vague in my description.

This issue is not site pacific, it seems that after a while of use (1-2 hours without closing), this bug strikes. It always happens when I right click on a link on 1) a search page 2) a link on a website when this bug strikes. It has happened to me at least three times.

I always right click on a link, then I click on the first menu option - which is the “open in new tab”. I have to add that I have one pinned tab.
When this “open in new tab” bug strikes it opens up the pinned tab and the link I was aiming to open in new tab in a new window of Brave. Also, the newly opened windows is then on the right had side of my screen (only the left half of the new instance of Brave is showing)

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.