Bug Report - Multiple Screens Bug

Stopped using brave coz i cant reach it. It looks like it is out of the screen. I am using laptop and monitor, so i have 2 screens. If i start brave, it looks like it is out of the third screen and i just cant bring it back to my 2 real screens. Completely the same happened to my friend. I am using windows 10, she is on windows 7. It was working ok for more than a month and then came to this.
From the beginning there was a bug, that at the start brave is just partly on monitor and partly of the screen.

I tried with updates, it didn’t work. Then completely remove brave from computer and reinstall it, it didn’t work. So i just went back to Mozilla. That happened to me like 3 weeks ago and my friend said it was one week ago.
If you want to see version of my brave: sorry, i cant check it, it is on third monitor…

This issue is resolved in 0.20, however you do not need to wait until that version for a fix. You can try the below steps:

1. Close all Brave.exe processes
  2. On Windows, open %appdata%/brave/session-store-1 in Notepad
  3. Locate “position”:[x,y], where x and y are numbers (or look for defaultWindowParams
  4. Replace these numbers with 0,0 to read “position”:[0,0] and save
  5. Start Brave

Let me know if this works for you.

Thanks,
Lauren

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.