Bug: Offline playlist videos no longer works on iPad OS

Description of the issue:

After last update on iPad to Brave Version: 1.46.2 (23.1.10.20).
Every time I play a video that is fully downloaded it triggers a re-download of the video. So the previous downloaded data of the video is lost and brave starts downloading it again.

I cant use the playlist until this is fixed. Or I risk losing >100 gb of offline data.

I have confirmed that the bug is present on 2 different types of iPads

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. On a iPadOS device, fully download a video to offline playlist
  2. Open playlist and play the video

Expected result:

The video that was previously 100% downloaded starts a re-download from 0% again and your downloaded data is lost.

Brave Version( check About Brave):
1.46.2 (23.1.10.20) on both iPads

Mobile Device details

Confirmed the same bug on:

1. iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (6th gen) iPad OS Version: 16.2
  2. iPad (6th gen) iPad OS Version: 16.2

Additional Information:
I did a quick test on my iphone, no bug on this device. It seems like the bug is specific for iPad. However, I have only tested on my iPhone 12 mini (ios 16.2, brave 1.46.2 (23.1.10.20))

Hello @Opc

Thank you for reaching out and sorry to hear you’re having trouble with Brave. Could you please try deleting your cookies from the app to see if the issue is solved?

1. Launching Brave, tap Menu Settings
  2. In the Features section, tap Brave Shields & Privacy
  3. Clear private data > Cache - cookies and site data > clear data now

Let me know if that works.

Hi @Alice2095, I tested your suggestion on my iPod Pro

1. Cleared all private data with all clearing-options except:
    -playlist offline data
    -playlist media & offline data
  2. Tested again. Bug still active
  3. Cleared all private data including media & offline data (on my iPod pro that had a small library)
  4. Tested again. Bug still active

Fix coming in 1.47, sorry for that

1 Like

Hi @michal,

No worries, thank you for the quick reply. Is there a ETA for 1.47. Just curious if its weeks or months :slight_smile:

Kind regards
opc

Weeks :slight_smile: this or early next week

1 Like

Hey will there be an update for the brave iOS app for iPad 16.2 or 16.3 because I have to update my iPad to 16.3 and was wondering if the 1.47 update will work on The iPad I got. And for 1.47 update will all videos be fixed so that they will play in your playlist because I was having problems playing my videos thanks in kind regards I just joined this today so I’m quite new to this

Quick reply on my last comment I just updated the Brave app for my iPad 16.3 to brave 1.47 and now I’m all up to date but my question is does it take a couple hours before saving downloaded videos on your playlist for it to play because after I downloaded it when I put it in my playlist it says error time limit exceeded or something else and won’t play the video on my playlist? Does it take a couple of hours to fix after the latest update for it to work. Thanks for the update tho much appreciate it

I fixed it I’m able to download files to my playlist thanks so much for what u do to make this app great

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.