(BUG) In brave android, if we open any link from anywhere and it opens up in brave (like this one) and then you choose to open it in browser, it closes down and doesnt do the next step. Same I repeated with others and it all translated to next step

(BUG) In brave android, if we open any link from anywhere and it opens up in brave (like this one) and then you choose to open it in browser, it closes down and doesnt do the next step. Same I repeated with chrome, edge, ghostery browsers and it all translated to next step.

In both of these cases, there is no default browser set. I use each browser for different cases.

This bug is with latest android version and on Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 and android 12.

Can you please elaborate? What do you mean by “next step”? Also, of note, in the screenshots you’re sharing you’ve opened the link using the “in-app” browser, instead of launching Brave separately, which may make a difference in whatever behavior you’re attempting to achieve.

Next step means,

• This link is opened from Telegram group and then I get a drawer pop-up yo open in which browser,

• Next, I choose Brave browser to open that link,

• Brave opens the link as shown in image,

• Then, I choose to open in browser,

It fails to proceed to this step.

Got the 2nd the update and still this issue exists. Wondering if any of my posts here or previously via twitter and DM value anything.

Also this is chromium and chrome bug also so kindly report back and also why copy chromium bugs.

If I wanted chromium bugs then chrome is enough.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.