Bug in BAT designation - 8.5B tokens designated to creators who haven't signed up yet

bug

My monthly payments haven’t been going through due to insufficient funds. I doubt this (I have over $50,- worth of BAT currently) but it seems to be caused by the designation of 8.5 Billion tokens to creators. I don’recall sending that money to be honest, I don’t even recall there being that many BAT tokens in circulation… :wink:

I am working with version:
Version 0.63.55 Chromium: 74.0.3729.131 (Official Build) (64-bit) on a Windows 10 machine.
I am always running in a VPN, if that matters.

I saw another question regarding this issue that didn’t get any response, so I will try it as well.

Any ideas?

1 Like

@thirtydee I believe it’s a bug that should be fixed in the next update. @Mattches for assistance.

1 Like

@thirtydee,
Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
This is definitely a bug we’re aware of but it seems to be rather hard to diagnose/get data on. The issue itself is a little stale:

I am curious to see whether or not the VPN is causing some conflict here. Do you know when exactly when you started this error? Were you able at any point – after creating your wallet – to contribute to sites successfully while on your VPN?

I’ve also added your report to the above linked issue as a +1.

2 Likes

Thanks! I’ll check on it every now and then. I am able to tip creators while on VPN. I just checked. I am having trouble finding the history of those donations at the moment though, even though I know I have done so in the past.

Let me know if I can provide any additional info.