BUG: doesn't work after update

after last update on High Sierra MacOS, Brave doesn’t work. It opens and starts to use computer power, and nothing happen

Brave for iOs - one big bug!

UPD: reinstalling doesn’t help. Brave use 100% of CPU. I think it is mining. Someone hacked this update.

Nah mate. That’s just brave being brave. It surely is heavy on machines. Although to be on a safer side, run a system wide antimalware scan using Sophos, Avira (I recommend) or AVG. They all are available in a free variant (as for macOS) so why not give it a shot?

Same issue here, uninstalled and reinstalled several times, made full scan with premium antivirus and anti maleware, still Brave crash on opening and take 40% cpu

It’s not virus. It start’s to use CPU only when I open Brave and only after last update.

Also happened to me on six occasions.
Rebooting laptop temporarily fixes.

Brave: 0.22.810
V8: 6.7.288.43
rev: 8f30eeba0c2d6cccf1920a360b4774f820adbc58
Muon: 7.0.6
OS Release: 4.15.0-23-generic
Update Channel: Release
OS Architecture: x64
OS Platform: Linux
Node.js: 7.9.0
Brave Sync: v1.4.2
libchromiumcontent: 67.0.3396.71

I just posted in another thread regarding 22.810 – it crashes every 20 minutes (Brave always crashes but it was never unusable before.) Is it possible to roll back without a complete uninstall and reinstall?

Is there anyway to fix it?  Does anyone know if they're fixing the issues?

Is everyone just experiencing crashes? What versions of Brave and what OS is everyone on? I will open a Github issue for this. Does anyone have steps to reproduce the problem first?

I’m seeing a lot of topics in the community in recent times where many people on MacOS face the same issue I.e. crashes & freezes. Same goes for iOS users & a couple of Windows users. Maybe one of the devs could look into this issue ?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.