Browser update deleted all bookmarks! (iOS)

When I opened Brave yesterday, it did not crash. Just saw the pop up about Rewards, then went to my Bookmarks, and they were gone.

3 Likes

iPhone 7 Plus current iOS and auto update for Brave.

1 Like

My private mode was activated (a dark mode but not theme that I know of). I canā€™t seem to differ the two now - No private or ordinary mode - just a theme of dark mode in settings.
It did not crash either from what I remember. I was only informed about the Reward-thing before.

2 Likes

If dark mode was an option before the update then yes I used it as I use dark mode on everything but no the app didnā€™t crash on 1st launch just everything appeared to be reset including bookmarks, history and my open tabs.

iPhone 8 iOS 12.4.1

1 Like

Lost all my bookmarks as well after updateā€¦ iPhone 6S, latest iOS

I also lost all of my bookmarks on iOS after the update to 1.13 last week. I always have ā€œPrivate Browsing Onlyā€ set. I have an iPhone 8 on iOS 13.2. I donā€™t recall any crash (donā€™t see anything that looks like Brave in ā€œAnalytics Dataā€. Iā€™m super disappointed. Is there anyway to see if these can be restored?

I was at least able to access my old bookmarks using this method:

Thanks for sharing this.
Is there a version that explains when using a windows computer as this one assumes that macOS is being used.

1 Like

Soā€¦
What is the next step after Step 9?
And why isnā€™t there procedures for Windows?

Assuming the steps are followed, how do you get the bookmarks back into Brave on the iPhone?

This was the exact experience I had.
Kinda thinking there would be a follow up to this issue.

Until Brave figures out why they are erasing user data, Iā€™m using other iPhone browsers.

Hi guys,

Iā€™m on lastest IOS version and using Brave normally. No lost bookmarks. Iphone X.

Ipad pro
Ios 13.2.3
Brave version 1.13

Lost all brave browser history and bookmarks.
Passwords/login info still ok.

Weā€™d love to get one of you people on a call with us to help better debug this issue.

@STH @Justusson @CAS1 would any of you be interested in doing so?

cc @anon1255531

Hi Asad, didnt catch your message yesterday. I would be happy to
help how I can. In meetings this afternoon and tied up Monday. Can
the call wait until Tues?

Cheers, Cathy

Hi Cathy, sure! That would be awesome. I will send you a private message :slight_smile:

Quick update to everyone ā€“ weā€™ve identified the problem, and are working on a fix that will be deployed soon. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hi Asad,
Iā€™m a bit tied up at the moment and is in the European London time zone, but can perhaps assist later this up coming week if itā€™s needed, unless you have found out the issue already? That last reply sounded hopeful! :crossed_fingers:
Best/

That would be wonderful! Iā€™ll keep you posted.

Please give us an update.
Thanks.

No kidding. What is going on with this? Weeks without my bookmarks. Been using Safari insteadā€¦